Scared of the dentist? Well, you are not alone. Many people have had good reasons to be scared of the dentist. We have listened to all the most common fears that people have had, and made sure that we learnt from others’ mistakes and we turned it all around so that many of our patients who were dental phobics, now love coming to see us and would go nowhere else.
Common Fears of People Scared of the Dentist
Of the thousands of patients we have treated, we have heard about all their past experiences. These have been the most common fears that people have reported:
Need lots of dental work but scared of the dentist? Well, you are not alone. Many people have had good reasons to be scared of the dentist. We have listened to all the most common fears that people have had, and made sure that we learnt from others’ mistakes and we turned it all around so that many of our patients who were dental phobics, now love coming to see us and would go no where else.
What Is Sedation Dentistry?
Of the thousands of patients we have treated, we have heard about all their past experiences. These have been the most common fears that people have reported.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
- Porcelain veneers are thin “wafers” of porcelain that sit over your teeth.
- They are custom made to fit each tooth precisely so that they fit seamlessly on each tooth without an “edge”
- They have all the characteristics of a tooth, from color graduations, natural textures, white spots, translucencies and what ever character you want in a tooth.
- You choose the color that you want your tooth to be and this is permanent. The porcelain does not discolor over time.
- They let light through so do not appear opaque, but very natural like a natural, unrestored tooth.
What Can Porcelain Veneers Do For a Smile ?
- Build up worn down teeth so they are longer again.
- Make crooked teeth appear straight
- They can change the shape size, proportions of teeth
- They can close gaps
- They can build up broken teeth.
- They can make teeth white permanently.
- Build out narrow smiles
- Make gummy smiles less gummy with laser gum lifting
What is involved in getting Porcelain Veneers ?
1. Pick your dream smile. Let us know what you want, what your goals are, and we will help you achieve what you want. We will sit with you and design your smile with you so you get what you want in the end.
2. View the Mock ups that we prepare for you so you can see the result before we even begin. We will get the mock ups as close to what you envisage as your dream smile before we even begin so you have a good idea what you will look like before you even start.
3. TREATMENT VISIT 1 Interim smile. When you come in for the first visit, we will prepare the teeth for veneers and place the mock ups as your interim or temporary smile so that you get a chance to see the what the “finals” will look like and have a really good idea if it fulfills your goals. At this stage your smile is still in an acrylic stage so we can modify or change anything you want.
4. TREATMENT VISIT 2 Final smile goes in.
What do you want your smile to say about you? Do you smile with confidence? Have you ever wanted to straighten your crooked teeth but never wanted to wear the metal braces? Well now you can!
With Invisalign technology, now you can straighten your teeth without anyone even noticing. It is comfortable, predictable and allows you to get your teeth straight while still being able to enjoy doing the things that you love.
How Does Invisalign Work?
They have been called “invisible braces” and “clear braces”. A virtually invisible and hygienic treatment, Invisalign uses unique SMARTForce Technology to create a series of custom-made removable aligners for you and only you. All you have to do is to wear these aligners, made of a virtually invisible plastic, over your teeth to gradually move them to the ideal position.
These aligners are to be worn 22 hours a day, you can remove them for eating so you can virtually eat any food you like. You also can remove them for special occasions if needed. This then allows you to continue to do the things that you love.
Perth Dentist Shares Her Simple Guide to Happiness With A Single Sentence: SMILE All The Time!
This is simply what we observe on our patients on a daily basis. They tell us since they have their smile done they cannot help but feel happier inside because they are simply smiling all the time.
- They smile at themselves when passing any mirror.
- They smile at other people on the street.
- They smile at themselves in the rear view mirror while driving (we do not recommend this)
- They laugh openly in public now
- Because they smile so much, others smile back at them.
- They smile through their eyes.
As top life coach Tony Robbins says, to change one’s emotional state, we need to change 3 things:
1. Our Physiology
2. What we focus on
3. Our language.
Here Is A Case Study Of A Person Who Is Embarrassed By Their Smile All The Time
1. Physiology —Always closes mouth when talking or laughing. Trying to hide something all the time. Does not want come face to face with others. Shy, looks away. Lack of confidence. Head down, Tight lipped, reserved.
2. Focus —- Rather than being present they are worried about who will see their teeth. They are focused on trying to hide their smile while trying to laugh.
3. Language—-what do we tell ourselves when we are embarrassed all the time? “I hope they don’t see my teeth”, “I won’t laugh too wide”, “I only smile this way for photos”.