I don’t want metal braces
What are my options for treatment?
We would need to assess you for your exact needs, but generally, there are two options.
- Invisalign– we physically move the teeth straight using invisible aligners
- Porcelain Veneers–we place wafer thin porcelain veneers over the teeth and can change the size, alignment, appearance, shape, and proportion of the teeth.
How long does treatment take?
- Invisalign– time frame varies with each individual case. Can take 6-18 months, then the same time for full time retention, then night time for a lifetime of retention to keep the teeth in place long term.
- Porcelain Veneers–takes 4-6 weeks, 2 treatment appointments.
How long does it last?
- Invisalign– retainers need to be worn Night time for a life time to maintain long term position of teeth for life.
- Porcelain veneers — how these last depend greatly on how they are looked after once they are in. What ever can wear a tooth down, or break a tooth, can wear or break a porcelain veneer. Proper oral hygiene and maintenance must be carried out. They generally last 15-20 years, following good home care maintenance. All our porcelain work is guaranteed for 5 years. We will assess and treat all risk factors so that you will be able to enjoy your new smile for many years to come.
Does the treatment hurt?
There are varying levels of discomfort expected with different procedures, depending on what is needed.
- With Invisalign, our clients do not experience pain that requires any level of painkillers at all. With braces, sometimes at the time of wire tightening, there can be some level of discomfort.
- With porcelain veneers, rarely do our clients ever have to take painkillers after treatment as veneer preparations are very minimally invasive. We ensure you are totally comfortable at every stage of the treatment. For those who are scared of the treatment, you can choose to be sedated, so that you can blissfully wake up to your new smile.
How much does it cost?
Each case varies in complexity, in the number of teeth that need to be treated, and each case is individually designed to suit the needs of the individual. After our thorough diagnosis, we can give you an accurate and prompt quote on treatment that is specifically designed to suit you.
Can I see the results of others who have had this problem fixed?
Here are some of our happy clients to whom we are grateful to for allowing us to share their results and educate others on the possibilities.
What is my next step?
So that we can best help you it’s important that you come in for a personalised consult and diagnosis with Dr Vicky Ho. Alternatively, you can also choose a complimentary discussion where you can meet our team, and learn about which options are available to you. Call us now on 94683322 to arrange your appointment.
Yours For Free
"11 things You Should Know About Cosmetic Treatment" offers exclusive answers to all you need to know about cosmetic dentistry! To receive your copy, fill out the form below.
Ask the Dentist
Dr Vicky Ho will answer any questions you may have about your dental health and care.