I Have Damaged Teeth
I have damaged teeth
You may be suffering from the discomfort of damaged teeth, which may be at risk of fracture, breakage, pain and loss.
Damaged teeth range from having decay, where bacteria is destroying healthy tooth structure, or infection in the tooth, bone or gums, wear from grinding or clenching, teeth fracture from cracks. Usually damaged teeth need to be reconstructed with either crowns or veneers.
Below are some videos on how we have corrected damaged teeth.
What are my options for treatment?
We would need to assess you for your exact needs, but generally, there are three options.
- Fillings– ideal for small cavities, not for rebuilding teeth.
- Porcelain Veneers–we place wafer thin porcelain laminates over the teeth and can change the size, alignment, appearance, shape, and proportion of the teeth.
- Crowns–these are porcelain “caps” that go over existing teeth to rebuild or strengthen teeth. They rebuild the structure, appearance
How long does treatment take?
- Fillings — can be done on the same visit
- Porcelain Veneers and crowns –takes 2 treatment appointments.
Does the treatment hurt?
There are varying levels of discomfort expected with different procedures, depending on what is needed. Whilst we cannot guarantee 100% pain free experience, we do our utmost to make sure you are comfortable through all treatment, but ensuring that you are completely numb, and stopping at any time you have any concerns.
For those who are scared of the treatment or don’t want to sit through lengthy treatments, you can choose to be sedated, so that you can enjoy the entire experience and wake up and it’s all done!
How long does it last?
1. Fillings– a few years, the larger the fillings, the more load on them, the less time they last.
2. Porcelain crowns or veneers — how these last depend greatly on how they are looked after once they are in. What ever can wear a tooth down, or break a tooth, can wear or break a porcelain veneer or crown. Proper oral hygiene and maintenance must be carried out. They generally last 15-20 years, following good home care maintenance. All our porcelain work is guaranteed for 5 years. We will assess and treat all risk factors so that you will be able to enjoy your new smile for many years to come.
How much does it cost?
Each case varies in complexity, in the number of teeth that need to be treated, and each case is individually designed to suit the needs of the individual.
After our thorough diagnosis, we can give you an accurate and prompt quote on treatment that is specifically designed to suit you.
Can I see the results of others who have had this problem fixed?
Here are some of our happy clients to whom we are grateful to for allowing us to share their results and educate others on the possibilities.
What is my next step?
So that we can best help you it’s important that you come in for a personalised consult and diagnosis with Dr Vicky Ho. Alternatively, you can also choose a complimentary discussion where you can meet our team, and learn about which options are available to you. Call us now on 94683322 to arrange your appointment.
Yours For Free
"11 things You Should Know About Cosmetic Treatment" offers exclusive answers to all you need to know about cosmetic dentistry! To receive your copy, fill out the form below.
Ask the Dentist
Dr Vicky Ho will answer any questions you may have about your dental health and care.