Invisalign is an extremely popular and effective option for those that want to achieve straight teeth without having traditional metal braces. These clear aligners have become popular for the subtle appearance while you are having your teeth straightened. In fact, your friends, family and coworkers may not even notice you’re having orthodontic treatment. Invisalign is an awesome orthodontic treatment option if you have been thinking about having your teeth straightened.
To make your Invisalign treatment a positive experience, Smile Design Studio offers these easy tips that will help you make the best of your Invisalign journey.
- Care for your aligners properly. The best way to clean your trays is with warm water and antibacterial soap and a soft toothbrush. Do not use toothpaste to clean your trays as it may scratch them.
- Cut back on dark drinks such as coffee, tea, soft drinks and dark foods like curries. They can stain aligners, making them visible and taking away one of Invisalign’s great benefits. If you choose Invisalign because it has a discrete appearance, the last thing you want to do is stain them a dingy yellow or the colour of your last meal or drink!
- Brush after you eat and floss daily. For best results, wear your Invisalign for 22 hours a day. Take out the aligners for eating, but don’t replace them immediately after eating until you’ve brushed your teeth. If you don’t brush, food stuck in your teeth can generate bacteria and fester in there for hours at a time. Stinky breath is no fun! Keeping your teeth clean and Invisalign clean prevents cavities from forming and keeps your aligners in the best shape possible. Brushing helps to keep your mouth and breath clean. Flossing every day is important during your Invisalign treatment.
- Change in feel and speech. It might feel a little odd when you first start wearing your aligners, but you’ll soon get used to it. It’s not painful but it is obvious you have something in your mouth. Over time, you’ll notice it less and less. Some patients notice when they first start wearing aligners, they speak with a little lisp. This is totally normal and soon goes away as you get used to wearing your aligners.
- Change out the aligners as directed by Dr Vicky. Your Invisalign journey is scientifically designed for your unique situation. Each aligner is designed to do a specific job at a very specific point in your treatment. Treatment won’t go any faster if you use the trays out of order or put them in when not instructed. If you miss a day or two, don’t skip to the next aligner, rather call our office and ask for instructions. You could do more harm than good is the treatment is skipped or short cuts are taken.
For your free smile assessment, call our Perth Invisalign dentist today and find out why Invisalign is the world’s most popular orthodontic treatment.