Learn More About Orthodontic Treatments in our Perth Location
How you feel about your appearance can greatly impact your confidence; a great smile is one of the first things that people notice about you. While you should never judge a book by its cover so to speak, we do live in a visual society and poorly aligned or crooked teeth can even have an impact on everything from your dating life to career success.
For your children, traditional braces can be uncomfortable, invasive, and can even make their experience in school more stressful. Luckily, there are several alternatives to traditional braces available from Dr. Wang’s office, each of which each have unique and effective benefit to help improve oral health and appearance.
Read on below to learn more about some of the advanced techniques and services we provide…
Damon braces are fitted in much the same way that traditional braces are. But that’s were their similarities part ways. Unlike uncomfortable, painful and unsightly “metal” braces, Damon Braces attach to memory wires that connect brackets positioned along a sliding mechanism.
From here, the appliance moves naturally along with the teeth as they slowly alter their positioning into proper placement. Damon braces do not require rubber bands or metal ties, and can provide significant results over a shorter duration of time.
Benefits of Damon Braces Include:
- Clear brackets allow for a more natural, visually-appealing look.
- Faster treatment time than traditional braces.
- Requires less dental visits for maintenance.
- More comfortable than traditional braces.
- More resistant to plaque and bacteria.
Read more about Damon Braces by clicking here.
Not sure if Damon Braces are right for you? Read on to learn about our other high performing options…
Invisalign Clear Braces
Invisalign braces are clear plastic trays specially customized to fit your teeth and mouth. This appliance is virtually invisible to the naked eye as it does not require brackets, rubber bands or metal as used in traditional braces. Meaning no more embarrassment from having a mouth full of metal!
As your teeth shift into their proper placement, Dr. Wang will provide you with new sets of trays which target new areas of your mouth. Invisalign is only recommended for adults and teens, as they can only be fitted for teeth that are fully developed.
- These braces are clear, making them barely noticeable.
- Can be taken out for activities such as eating, drinking, brushing or special occasions.
- There is no wire or metal which may protrude and scratch the inside of the mouth
- Less damage done to teeth, less risk of gum disease and tooth decay
- Straightens teeth over a shorter period of time
Read more about Invisalign here.
While Damon Braces and Invisalign work great for the front of your mouth, they often are not the best fit for your molars. Read on to learn about how Lingual braces and help…
Lingual braces are traditional braces that are placed on the backside of the teeth, rather than the front. Many people prefer this option over traditional braces because they are hidden. Depending on the positioning of your teeth, they may not be visible at all. Special attention has to be paid during cleanings, as the braces are not in clear view.
- Placed along the inside of the curvature of the teeth, making them virtually invisible.
- Staining caused by braces is not noticeable or visible.
- Custom-made: you can choose from a variety of designs and styles
- Less of a hindrance for musicians while playing their instruments.
Read more about lingual braces here
Orthodontic issues are typically easier to correct the earlier they are detected. Early intervention helps to prevent more severe conditions from materializing later on. The dentist has more control over where the permanent teeth come in and can ensure proper alignment.
Typically, by age 7 your child’s teeth and jaw have developed enough to shed light on how the permanent teeth will emerge. Issues such as crowding, gaps, bite issues and issues with eruption can be corrected with braces.
Benefits of Early Intervention
- Creates a better prognosis for the development of the permanent teeth.
- Corrects problems caused by habits such as thumb sucking and tongue thrusting.
- Corrects bite issues such as crossbite, overbite or underbite.
- Guides the growth of the jaw to accommodate emerging teeth.
- Improves your child’s appearance and self-esteem.
- May prevent future, and possibly more severe, dental issues.
More about children’s orthodontics on this page.
This specialized form of orthodontics incorporates the study of the soft tissues, muscles and nerves to determine how the teeth and jaw impact one another. State of the art dental instruments are used to identify the proper position of the jaw and tongue.
Neuromuscular dentists then reposition the jaw to relieve head, jaw and neck pain. They treat conditions such as sleep apnea, sinus pain, TMJ and TMD.
- Treatment will drastically reduce or eliminate pain all together.
- Prefer a minimally-invasive approach.
- Provides better sleep, more energy and a greater quality of life.
- Dental restorations last longer.
Read more about neuromuscular orthodontics here.
Call Our Office Today to Learn More About Your Options
Regardless of what your particular issue may be, there are many treatment options available to you. Call us today to find out how we can help restore you with a healthy and beautiful smile
Dr Vicky Ho will answer any questions you may have about your dental health and care.
Associations & Accreditations
1/592 Stirling Hwy
Mosman Park WA 6012
(08) 9468 3322