With a new year often comes resolutions. Common goals include losing weight, making more money and looking more youthful. If you’d like to feel better about your appearance in 2021, a dazzling smile is a great place to start. Many research studies have shown just how much smiling impacts your emotional and mental health. However, if you don’t like the look of your smile, you may be less inclined to show off your teeth. Fortunately, your cosmetic dentist in Perth has many ways to improve your smile, sometimes in just 1 or 2 visits.
Smiling Increases Confidence and Happiness
The benefits of smiling have been documented in numerous studies. Here’s how an improved smile can benefit you in 2021 and beyond:
- Happiness. Smiling makes you feel happier, even if you don’t feel like smiling. The simple act of smiling triggers chemicals in the brain that improve your mood. Researchers have even found that smiling stimulates the same areas of your brain as when you eat chocolate. Smile more, feel great! No chocolate needed!
- Stress reduction. Who doesn’t want less stress in their life as you leave behind the challenges of 2020 and head into 2021? The simple act of smiling can reduce the heart rate and other physiological responses to stress in difficult situations.
- How people respond to you. A nice smile can change the way people see you. If you like the way your teeth look, you tend to smile at other people, which in turn helps others see you as a more likeable person.
A Cosmetic Dentist Can Help
If you’ve been putting off doing something about your smile, make 2021 the year you make an investment in yourself. The first thing you’ll want to do is to call our cosmetic dental practice for a free smile assessment. After discussing your goals with Dr Vicky, we’ll look at your oral health, age, budget, and other factors before creating the best dental treatment plan for your situation. For many people, a teeth whitening treatment is all that’s needed. For more complex cases we can combine procedures to give you that smile you’ll love.
Here are some of the more popular cosmetic dental treatments offered at our Perth dental clinic:
- Invisalign clear braces. No longer do you have to endure the pain and discomfort of traditional metal braces. Invisalign has revolutionised the orthodontic world because the aligners are comfortable and almost invisible. With the average treatment between 9-18 months, it’s a fast and convenient option to give you that straight smile. Many of our adult patients find that orthodontic treatment with clear aligners is a great way to get a beautiful, straight smile without drawing attention to the fact that a smile makeover is in progress.
- Porcelain veneers. When teeth are so deeply stained that teeth whitening doesn’t give you the result you’re looking for, or teeth are chipped, broken or misshapen, porcelain veneers are an excellent option to refresh your smile. Since porcelain comes in any colour, we can match your current tooth colour, or go up a few shades to help give you a brighter whiter smile. Treatment is usually performed in 1 or 2 visits.
- Dental bonding. To correct minor chips on a tooth or to make it longer, this procedure can be done in just one visit.
These proven cosmetic dental procedures can completely change your smile, and change the way you feel about yourself. Start the year off right with a boost to your self-confidence. When you come into our office for a free smile assessment, Dr Vicky will show you what you can expect with your customised smile makeover. Call our dental practice today and speak with our friendly staff who will find a convenient time for you to come in and see Dr Vicky.